You can of course collect your race packet the day of the race, we’ll be there bright eyed and bushy tailed from 8:00am but we strongly advise trying to make it to one of our advance packet collection events prior so as you are not queuing on the day itself, this year we have three opportunities to do so, simply bring your photo ID to the one of the below locations and we’ll get you checked in.
- Friday, October 28th 4pm-6pm at Sunset Cooperative Nursery School, 4245 Lawton St, San Francisco, CA 94122
- Saturday, October 29th 10AM-1PM at Sports Basement Presidio (15% off all in-store purchases when you pick up at Sports Basement!)
- Saturday, October 29th 2PM – 5PM at Sunset Cooperative Nursery School, 4245 Lawton St, San Francisco, CA 94122
Race – When & Where?
The race starts at 9:30am on Oct 30th at the Golden Gate Park Polo Field Stables which is 1232 John F Kennedy Dr, San Francisco, CA 94121 (across from Spreckels Lake), and it ends at the place.
Coming by car? Enter the park off Fulton at 30th Ave. and turn right on JFK or 36th Ave. and turn left on JFK. Park along JFK, or if that’s full, park on Fulton. Please do not park in the Angling Lodge lot or the main Polo Fields lot.
Taking Muni? The 5 Fulton will drop you off at Fulton and 36th. Walk into the park and take a left at Spreckels Lake. Cross JFK at the cross walk and follow the signs in to the stables area for the starting line. Visit transit.511.org to plan your trip by public transportation.
Race Day Schedule
Here’s the race day schedule:
- 8:00am – Packet Collection & Registration
- 9:15am – Pre-Race Warm Up
- 9:30am – Race Start
- 10:35am – Winners Announced
- 11:00am – Race course closes
- 11:00am – Raffle Drawing
- 11:15am – Costume Contest
- 11:20am – The party starts with live music including Stanford Harmonics and The Bumpity Bumps.
- 1:00pm – SF Mad Dash Finishes!
Course Length: 5k
Race Start Time: 9:30 AM
Race Course Closure: 11:00 AM
Start & Finish Location: Polo field stables, Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, CA
The scenery can’t be beat on this circular course.
- Participants will proceed out of the stables, head south west around a portion of the polo fields, turn right on SF Bicycle Route 830 toward the beach.
- Then they will take a right onto Chain of Lakes Drive East and another right on John F. Kennedy Drive at the 1km mark.
- All will continue on, taking another right onto Transverse Drive at the 3km mark and water station, then right again on SF Bicycle route 134 and continue straight towards the beach once again.
- They will pass the 4km mark shortly after make the final right heading East back onto the polo fields towards the finish line and completing the full 5k!
- The Mad Dash course has minimal grade and the final stretch is where you will notice it most. It’s nothing you can’t handle.
- The course is suitable for children, strollers, wagons etc.
- COURSE ENTERTAINMENT: From spooky stunts to live bands and music, we will keep you entertained the whole way! If you are interested in becoming an entertainer along the Mad Dash course, click here.